Nyakasanga Development Community Foundation (NYAKU) is a non-profit, non governmental organization registered registered by Kasese District Local Government as a Community Based Organization working under registration No 1061 and with offices located off Kabarole –Kasese high, on Star Guest House, Nyakasanga lower, Market street, Nyamwamba division, Kasese municipality in Kasese district, Western Uganda, Rwenzori region.
The organization focuses its program areas in all sub-counties of Kasese district and was formed with a prime focus of enhancing peaceful coexistence and livelihoods among the communities to have their right to development. Her formation was triggered by the growing appreciation that there has been considerably limited participation and support to the rural communities in development activities towards the implementation of millennium goals.
To provide the skills and knowledge to the under privileged strata of the community so that they can recognize and use the resource s around them for holistic empowerment
A healthy and productive community that lives in conducive environment.
Goal: Empowering people to become self-reliant/dependent community, living quality and dignified lives in peaceful co-existence.
Nyakasanga Community Development Foundation (NYAKU) is a community-based organization working in Kasese District, which was formed with a prime focus of enhancing peaceful coexistence and livelihoods among the communities to have their right to development.
1. Support and empower the community to identify and address potential environmental risks and promote environmental rights to a safe and clean environment.
2. To instill a spirit of project ownership to community through capacity building in NYAKU thematic areas.
3. To support self help projects to the vulnerable community groups within the areas where NYAKU operates.
4. To improve health among communities.
5. To advocate for a green free environment from health associated disasters.